Terms & Conditions
1. All clients:
- Must have completed a Rider Registration Form before riding a horse. This will be countersigned after the lesson by an instructor.
- Must resubmit their Rider Registration Form if their details change (the responsibility falls to the parent/guardian if the child is under 18).
- New clients are required to attend a mandatory Assessment/Introduction Lesson before being allowed to book anything else. This allows us to ascertain your riding level.
- Previous clients returning to us after 12 months or more may be asked to complete another Assessment Lesson.
We reserve the right to refuse you to ride a particular horse/pony if we feel that the safety of the rider or horse is in question.
- Instructors reserve the right to refuse to teach a client for any reason.
- You reserve the right to request another Instructor subject to availability.
- Please note our weight limit is 15st
2. Punctuality and arrival times:
Please arrive 15 minutes before the start of the lesson/hack/pony ride to allow time for hat fitting.
We aim to run on time and stick to the timetable, but occasionally lessons may run over time for whatever reason, so please bear with us.
- We operate a No Refund Policy. This is a condition of booking.
- No credit or transfers are given for late cancellations.
- All bookings require a minimum of 2 clear days notice from the booking day to cancel.
- Full fees are payable without exception, unless the relevant notice is given to terminate the lesson. Cancellation should be via telephone or through the online booking page. Please note we do not accept cancellations by email.
- See our bad weather policy.
4. Bad weather or adverse conditions:
- Activities might be cancelled in extreme weather.
- You should call us on 015395 52244 before you leave for the center if the weather is in doubt.
- Riding might be cancelled when the following weather or conditions are occurring:
- Heavy snow.
- Heavy rain and/or flooding.
- Hurricane force winds.
- Electrical storms.
- Power failure (no lighting for outdoor school).
5. Vouchers purchases and redemption:
- It’s a condition of purchase that:
- The intended rider has no medical conditions that require doctors approval.
- Vouchers are valid for 365 days. No refunds available.
- All bookings are subject to availability.
6. Safety equipment and riding wear:
Every time you handle a horse you are required to wear the appropriate P.P.E (Personal Protective Equipment).
Riding hats are available to hire at no extra charge
Hats (all types): PAS 015:1998 or 2011, the SNELL E2001 or VG1 and we can no longer accept hats that are purely (BS)EN 1384.
Must be worn and fastened at all times while riding a horse.
Must be worn and fastened at all times while handling or a horse.
We strongly advise all customers to purchase their own helmet as soon as possible.
We recommend against purchasing second hand riding helmets in case they have been damaged.
MUST be worn when Jumping, we strongly recommend that you or your child wears one whenever riding.
Riding footwear: clients must wear appropriate footwear while riding.
Riding boots are available to hire subject to availability at no extra cost
Leather riding boots
We reserve the right to refuse footwear we deem unsafe
We recommend toe protection whenever handling a horse.
you should not wear jewellery of any kind, anything you wear you do so at your own risk. It’s the parents responsibility to check their child isn’t wearing jewellery.
Clothing: Please wear Jodhpurs or stretchy trousers like leggings. You will not be allowed to ride in shorts or jeans!
Snug comfortable clothing that allows you to move should be worn please avoid tight or flappy clothing.
7. Visitors and/or friends of the family:
- Children must be supervised at all times by a legally responsible person and remain seated and quiet whilst lessons are in progress and not to run around the gallery unsupervised.
- Parents are advised not to leave your children unattended at any time during their stay at Witherslack Hall Equestrian Centre.
- If spectating in the gallery, please remain as quiet as possible, and in full view of the horses/ponies & Instructor at all times, please do not use umbrellas as they can scare the horses.
- Whilst spectating, the Instructor reserves the right to ask you to leave the viewing gallery if they feel the safety of the rider or horse/pony is in question.
- Please can we ask that you do not watch lessons with dogs, if clients bring their own pets onto the grounds/premises then please feel free to walk up into the woods.
- There are No Entry type signs and notices posted around the facility, you must acknowledge and obey them, ignoring them is at your own risk.
- There is no entry into stables or house and grounds.
- Maximum speed 5mph on the premises.
- Movement of horses & ponies and farm equipment around the yard and surrounding areas is unavoidable and we ask you to give way to them at all times.
- We have many different warning signs all over the grounds, they are there for a reason, you must obey them.
- We reserve the right to ask you to leave the grounds at any time if we think you are a danger to yourself.
- We have a strict no smoking policy, if you are caught you will be asked to leave.
- We can’t be held responsible for any damage to your transportation while on the premises/grounds.
- We can’t be held responsible for damage, theft or loss of your personal property while it’s on the premises.
- All animals are unpredictable, do not feed the horses & ponies at any time. Don’t enter any field, or paddock unless authorised.
RIDING IS A RISK SPORT – your choice to ride is voluntary. We take all reasonable care to provide suitable and safe horses and ponies for all our clients.
No video or phone video to be published on youtube or similar websites without WHEC consent.
9. Agreement of terms:
If you do not agree with any of our Terms and Conditions, then you do not have permission to enter the premises and any bookings are null and void. Our no Cancellation Policy applies in this situation. Because our Terms and Conditions are available online and on request at any time, you have every opportunity to read them before booking any activity and a refund will not be available on failure to accept