Give us your preferred holiday dates and the type of riding you would like to do and we will do the rest!
- Hacking from 1hr to Full Day Rides
- Lessons from 30min to 1hr
- Own a Pony 1/2 and Full days (subject to availability)
- 5 Day Kids Camps- Mon-Fri
- Stable Management Sessions
- Bed & Breakfast Accommodation
- Luxury Bunk Barn, Self Catering Accommodation
- Lunches & Evening Meals
Witherslack Estate itself has over 2500 acres of woodland tracks, farm land and quiet country lanes in which to explore on our regular day rides. If you fancy riding further afield and exploring the Lake District from horseback Witherslack Hall Equestrian Centre is ideally situated in the heart of the South Lakes to do just that!
- Trail rides from 2-6 Days
- B&B Accommodation shared or single occupancy
- Lunches and Evening Meals
Please see our Calendar of events for organised Trail Rides, if you don’t see any dates that suit you, please complete the Riding Holiday Enquiry Form.
Beginners ‘Learn to Ride’ Intensive 1 week break
The skills you will learn with beginner horse riding lessons are the fundamentals of the sport. Whether you continue with your riding or stop at this level, the skills you learn are vital.
You will master the basic principles of riding including: mounting, dismounting, correct riding position, holding the reins, halt, walk, basic turns, rising & sitting trot. At the end of the week you will be able to put all your skills to the test with a 90 min Trek on the Witherslack Estate.
Your stable management sessions will be aimed at getting you confident around your horse, grooming and learning how to prepare him for riding as well as learning about the basic care for your horse.
This Package includes:
- Riding Lessons
- Stable Management Lessons
- 90min Trek On the Witherslack Estate
- Bed & Breakfast Accommodation
- Station transfers from Grange over Sands Train Station
- Single Occupancy or sharing
Meals can be added to your stay ~We have a varied menu with Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Vegan and Vegetarian options. Don’t forget to bring a bottle of your choice!
Children’s Residential Riding Camps
On this unaccompanied children’s horse riding holiday accommodation is in ‘The Bunk Barn’ on site next to the stables. Children are supervised by adult members of staff who have completed Enhanced DBS checks training in first aid and safeguarding.
All meals are provided throughout the camp by Louise ‘she likes to keep them well fed’ she is very adaptable when it comes to dealing with dietary requirements, tastes and dislikes!
There are plenty of activities for the children to enjoy other than riding and stable management, although riding is obviously the best! Like rounders, film night, treasure hunts and games in the arena.
Children from beginners to advanced are welcome on our camps, riders are put into small but similar ability groups.
All our tuition is delivered by experienced instructors.
Typical Day Itinery
7.00 am Wake up call
7.30 am Breakfast
8.00 am Catch in and prepare your ponies for morning lessons
9.00 am First lessons
11.00 am Stable management
12.00 pm Lunch
1.00 pm Prepare your ponies for afternoon hacks
1.30 pm Hack out
3.00 pm Tack clean, turn out ponies and skip out tidy and sweep yard
4.00 pm Stable management
5.30 pm Dinner
6.30 pm Evening activities start
8.30pm Hot chocolate and cookies, ready for bed
9.00pm Lights out
Arrivals and Departures
- Arrival between 12-1pm on Monday (Lunch Provided)
- Departures between 12-1pm on Friday (Lunch Provided)
* If you need to arrive or depart outside of these times, please inform us and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.